Acoustic Consultant – Cardiff
NoiseAir was recently commissioned by the University of Wales to undertake extensive acoustic testing for a proposed recording studios project within the existing campus building. The university offered three different spaces with recording studio capabilities and it was our brief to acoustically test each room for best suitability.
Initial testing was carried out at a surrogate ‘off-site’ professional studio (previously used by the client) in order to determine target acoustic parameters and criteria for the proposed new studio location within the university.
Acoustic testing undertaken included reverberation testing, ambient sound level testing and also sound insulation testing. Detailed 3D acoustic modelling was also undertaken, using Odeon software to calculate predicted acoustic parameters, in order that our client’s requirements of versatility, efficiency, and performance were effectively achieved.
Upon completion of on-site acoustic testing, a detailed report was written for our client which included survey methodology, test results and data analysis. From the analysis we were able to calculate the acoustic room design, acoustic specification and acoustic performance for the proposed studio rooms.
It is crucial to undertake acoustic room design at the planning stage of a project as there are many factors of consideration.
If you would like to discuss your project with us then please contact our technical team on 0116 2725908.
We carry out a wide range of Acoustic Testing, including
- Noise impact assessments to accompany a planning application
- Industrial noise surveys for existing or new plant and equipment
- Environmental noise surveys for industrial noise nuisance or construction projects
- Building & Construction noise surveys for the planning process
- Entertainment and outdoor events noise monitoring for music festivals, wedding venues and sporting events
- Reverberation Testing and Part E for building & room acoustics
- Noise at work risk assessments (Noise at Work Regs)
Acoustic Consultant Cardiff, Leicester, London, Birmingham, Blackpool, Cheshire, Chester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Northampton, Nottingham, Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Coventry, Southampton, Leeds, Derby