Noise Risk Assessment Cheshire – Are your employees protected from noise exposure in the workplace? Are noise levels excessive in your workplace? Do you need a noise audit for insurance purposes?
These are questions that, as an employer, you have a requirement to fulfil in making your workplace a safe environment for any employee exposed to high noise levels.
All employers should carry out a noise assessment within the workplace, in line with The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005. This should be undertaken by a competent person and carried out in-line with the above regulations.
At NoiseAir we offer
- Noise Risk Assessments in the workplace, throughout Cheshire and the North West
- Competitive, fixed rates
- Fast turnaround
We will carry out
- Noise measurements and readings in designated working areas
- An acoustic report in compliance with The Noise at Work Regulations (2005)
- Analysis of noise exposure levels to employees and work processes
- Mitigation measures if required will be included in the report
- An audit on hearing protection measures for employees
What are the Noise Exposure & Action Levels?
An action level is a noise exposure level at which employers are required to take certain steps to reduce the harmful effects of noise on hearing. There are two main action levels for continuous noise.
- The lower exposure action level is a daily or weekly average noise exposure level of 80 dB, at which the employer has to provide information and training and make hearing protection available.
- The upper exposure action level is set at a daily or weekly average noise exposure of 85 dB, above which the employer is required to take reasonable measures to reduce noise exposure, such as engineering noise control, noise at source etc. The use of hearing protection is also mandatory if the noise cannot be controlled by these measures, or while these measures are being planned or carried out.
- Lastly there is an exposure limit of 87 dB, above which no worker can be exposed (taking hearing protection into account).
Why choose NoiseAir?
- We are a family-based independent business, where customer service is our top priority (and after sales service too!)
- We have over 25 years of experience in the noise control industry
- Our acousticians are all directly employed and fully qualified
- We hold corporate membership with The Institute of Acoustics (IOA)
- SITMA accredited (Sound Insulation Testing & Measurement Association)
If you would like a quotation or would like to discuss your requirement further, please call us on 0116 2725908 and ask to speak to one of our technical team.
Noise risk assessment Cheshire, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Warrington, Macclesfield, Northwich, Nantwich, Crewe, Holmes Chapel, Winsford